Adama Traore was named on the substitutes bench as Spain took on Kosovo last night.
Luis Enrique’s side won 2-0 and are top of their World Cup qualification group.
Sweden’s 2-1 defeat in Greece was a boost for Traore’s side, but the Swedes still have two games in hand.
After the game, Traore posted a brief Instagram message, which translated as ‘game by game’.
Traore came on for another Premier League star, West Ham’s Pablo Fornals, on 58 minutes.
In the time he was on the pitch, he made as many key passes (2), as any Spanish player who started, apart from Carlos Soler.
As expected, he made a dribble, and also got stuck in and made a tackle too.
The score was 1-0 when Traore got on the pitch, and he helped make it 2-0, taking the game away from the hosts.
Spain killed the game in the way England weren’t able to against Poland last night.
Traore might have hoped for a start but the flip side is he should return to Wolves fresh and raring to go against Watford.
- Is it time for Lage to change formation and give Jimenez a partner?
- Slavisa Jokanovic hails Wolves loan star Morgan Gibbs-White
- Fans praise Vitinha after shining on first start for Porto
- New signing Josh Esen scores on Wolves youth debut
- Wolves had no shots on target vs Brentford