Paul Merson has predicted the result of Wolves’ return to Premier League action against West Ham for Sportskeeda.
Wolves went into the international break on the back of a hugely disappointing 2-0 defeat against Crystal Palace.
Bruno Lage will be looking for a reaction after that timid performance when David Moyes’ side visit Molineux.
Unfortunately, former Arsenal and England man Merson, who also works as a pundit for Sky Sports, thinks the Hammers will win 2-1.
“West Ham have been outstanding this season in the Premier League and are coming on the back of a deserved victory against Liverpool.
“They are starting to believe they can secure a top-four finish and it just goes to show how far they’ve come under David Moyes.
“Considering how well West Ham have done so far, these are the games you have to win to secure a UEFA Champions League spot.
“With all due respect to Wolves, I expect them to get three points once again and keep their good run of form going. Prediction: Wolves 1-2 West Ham.
West Ham were really impressive in that victory against Liverpool last time around, and are currently third.
They will be tough opponents and Wolves will need to improve vastly from their performance against Palace to get a result here.
Wolves are capable of getting back on track here, and Lage likely used the international break to work on a few things.
Time will tell whether Merson’s prediction is accurate, but there is no reason for Wolves to think they cannot win this game.
- 'A monster': PL boss hails 'incredibly talented' 26-year-old Wolves reportedly wanted
- After just 17 games, 24-year-old Wolves star has achieved something brilliant
- Ki-Jana Hoever sends message to Wolves fans following club's defeat to Liverpool
- Bruno Lage may wish he made 92nd-minute call differently against Liverpool – opinion
- Report: Wolves officials have discussed loaning out star Lage previously said he wants to keep