Paul Merson has predicted the outcome of Wolves’ clash with Watford tomorrow for Sportskeeda.
Wolves return to Premier League action after the international break with a trip to Vicarage Road.
Bruno Lage’s men haven’t got a point yet, but Merson fancies Wolves to get a win here.
“This could very well be a nightmare game for Watford. I have no idea how Wolves are close to the bottom of the table.
“They had about a million shots against Tottenham and were excellent against Leicester, but lost both games 1-0. People will look at the league table and say they’ve got no wins and no points.
“But I’ve been impressed with them and think they’ll win this game. I reckon someone’s waiting to be hammered by Wolves.
“They created better chances against Manchester United and were denied by an excellent David de Gea save. Wolves have been excellent so far without any luck, and Watford could be in for a defeat this weekend. Prediction: Watford 0-2 Wolves.”
After a tricky start to the season, the fixtures start to soften up in the weeks ahead for Wolves.
The Watford clash is the start of that run, and a victory here would offer a much-needed boost for Lage.
If Wolves maintain their performance level from previous matches, they should win against the newly-promoted Hornets.
- Report: What Wolves insiders are saying about player sales after Nunes' arrival
- 'I could tell': Matheus Nunes shares what he thought of Wolves after pre-season meeting
- Report: Wolves have offer in to sign striker with 'genuine quality', he's strong with both feet
- Report: Wolves staff actually think they've pulled off a real bargain signing this summer
- Report: Wolves battling Southampton and Eddie Howe for £25m star, Lage has made contact