Former Wolves defender Joleon Lescott covered the 0-0 draw against Norwich for BT Sport Score.
The game fizzled out after a disappointing team performance from Wolves. A clean sheet is the main positive.
At full-time, Lescott was asked for his instant reaction to a game he said he hoped his old club would win before kick-off.
“It seemed that both teams were playing not to lose towards the end,” said the former England defender.
“They didn’t use Adama Traore; he picked up some strange positions. He went and played in the middle of the pitch.
“Obviously his strengths are out wide where he can go and run at players. 0-0 and both teams relatively happy.
“It didn’t look like either were playing to win near the end.”
This was a disappointing follow up to the impressive win against West Ham last time around.
Wolves do have a habit of backing up their best results with flat performances and that is something which needs to change.
Lescott is right, with the game in the balance later on, Wolves looked to consolidate rather than push on and win it.
- Report: Serie A club now looking to sign 22y/o Wolves target who'll needs leave this summer
- Report: Club now eyeing £8.6m man as replacement for 23-year-old Wolves really want
- Video: 25-year-old who could soon leave Wolves all smiles on return to Compton
- Wolves could find exciting Traore replacement in 21-year-old who has 'electric pace' – opinion
- Two PL clubs reportedly keen on £20m striker, Wolves should be one – opinion