Another round of Premier League games following the midweek programme means another week of Mark Lawrenson’s weekly BBC predictions column.
The former Liverpool defender has delivered his verdict on how he thinks Wolves will get on against his old club at Molineux.
Bruno Lage’s men have kept three competitive clean sheets but scored just once across those matches ahead of this one.
Lawrenson said he thinks the Reds will come away from Molineux with all three points.
“Molineux is usually a happy hunting ground for Liverpool, who have won all of their past five visits there in the Premier League.
“Wolves will give them a good game this time, but they can’t score at the moment. Finding the net is not an issue for the Reds though – they have averaged more than three goals a game in the league this season, which is a stunning record.
“Lawro’s prediction: Wolves 0-2 Liverpool.”
It is not especially surprising that Lawrenson has backed his old club here and it must be said they are on impressive form.
Wolves have enjoyed decent performances against the top sides so far and a packed Molineux will be cheering them on here.
Former Wolves man Diogo Jota has been in fine form for the Reds and will be looking to find the net again on his old stomping ground.
- 'He has talent': £22m Spurs star says he looks out for how 26-year-old does at Wolves
- Report: Wolves have shown interest in 24-year-old, but another club has agreed £30m deal
- Hwang Hee-Chan speaks out after sealing permanent Wolves move
- Sky pundit says Wolves star really impressed him v Brentford but went under the radar
- 'Very happy with him': Lage comments on Wolves player without a goal since August