Wolves are reported to have made a bid to sign Bordeaux attacker Hwang Ui-Jo.
According to the Daily Mail, the 29-year-old is available for a cut-price free, with Bordeaux needing to sell players to alleviate financial pressures.
The club are around £34 million in debt, and they recently had sanctions imposed on them.
They had actually been relegated to the third tier of French football due to their financial issues, but they were reinstated to Ligue 2 last month.
They are needing to sell players, and Hwang is someone who could depart.
Bordeaux manager David Guion has admitted the attacker is likely to be sold this summer.
He told Girondins 4 Ever: “Yes, he is a boy who is likely to leave, you know that. Indeed, he is likely to leave us in the coming days.”
£33,000-a-week star Hwang has only got one year left on his contract, and so Bordeaux are looking to cash in now as they would not want to see his value drop further.
L’Equipe report that Wolves actually made an offer worth around £2.5 million for Hwang on Wednesday. That offer has been rejected.
Hwang is said to be keen to leave the French second tier, and it remains to be seen if he will start to agitate for a move amid interest from Wolves.
Hwang has been with Bordeaux now since 2019 when he joined from Japanese outfit Gamba Osaka.
He has made 97 appearances for the club, scoring 29 goals and making seven assists.
He’s also got 45 caps for South Korea, and scored 15 goals.
Wolves are currently crying out for a new centre-forward. Raul Jimenez will miss the opening weeks of the 2022/23 season after suffering damage to his MCL in pre-season. And Fabio Silva was loaned out to Anderlecht.