Wolves are yet to make an offer for Sasa Kalajdzic according to Stuttgart’s sporting director Sven Mislintat.
The 25-year-old has been heavily linked with a move to Molineux this week.
It was reported on Monday that Wolves and Stuttgart were in advanced talks over Kalajdzic.
But that information appears to be wide of the mark, with Mislintat stating that Wanderers have not yet lodged a bid.
He is quoted by ZVW as saying: “De facto, no official offer for Sasa has been received.”
Mislintat has already said that there is interest from Wolves. But there is nothing concrete yet.
Fans will be hoping that Wolves can reach a breakthrough very quickly, with Newcastle United up next for Wanderers in the Premier League.
Wolves host Eddie Howe’s side who have started 2022/23 well, having won one and drawn two.
Wolves have struggled to score goals so far this term, although the team did put two past Preston North End in the Carabao Cup last night.
And among the scorers was Raul Jimenez, who was back in the starting XI after recovering from a knee injury.
At present he is the only centre-forward available to Bruno Lage, with Fabio Silva on loan at Anderlecht.
Kalajdzic has been valued at £21 million by Stuttgart. It remains to be seen if Wolves will go near that asking price. They will no doubt want to try and negotiate that down, with the player into the final year of his contract.
Wolves need to get Sasa Kalajdzic in ASAP
So it appears Wolves have some work to do to land Kalajdzic.
Mislintat has also made some comments that suggests they won’t make it easy.
“We have already earned around 20 million euros from the previous sales. We have generated a clear surplus, which makes us calmer,” he added.
The sporting director has also suggested Kalajdzic would only depart if the money was right and Stuttgart could secure a replacement.
It is looking like this particular saga could potentially rumble on into the final says of the window.