Wolverhampton Wanderers boss Nuno Espirito Santo has described Jonny Castro Otto’s injury as ‘very serious’.
The Spaniard is facing another lengthy spell on the sidelines after suffering the setback in training on Sunday.
Jonny would more than likely have started for Wolves against West Ham United at Molineux on Monday.
But the club confirmed reports that had been circulating about the full-back just before the game.
The club said in a statement: “Jonny has suffered a reinjury to his right knee in training on Sunday.
“He will need surgery to the MCL and again to the ACL. It is awful news for him. He will see a specialist in London this week.”
It is truly a bitter blow for the 26-year-old, who had only just returned from a six-month lay-off.
Speaking about Jonny’s latest setback, Nuno said: “It’s a big impact on him. But he’s a strong boy.
“It’s very serious, and he’s very aware of what happened to him can happen to any player and he’s confident because he recovered well from the first one, and he’s confident he’s going to recover from the second one.”
Nightmare for Jonny
It is so cruel on £15 million star Jonny (BBC Sport) for him to have suffered a reinjury of his ACL.
He had shown just how much he’d been missed in the eight games he played following his return in February.
It seems he’s going to be out of action for some time again, but hopefully he can come back as quickly as possible.